Uncovering the Secret Life of Data
Diginome’s DataDNA is a patented information integrity platform used for monitoring and managing the integrity of granular information. DataDNA gives organizations unprecedented enterprise-wide digital transparency and context so they can trust and easily verify the integrity of their information assets.
DataDNA monitors individual data values across the enterprise application landscape, from their points of origin and for their entire lifecycle. It validates each datum against defined and heuristic business rules as it records its associations and creates a complete history of its granular traits, events and context. The result is an an enterprise-wide information integrity fabric that establishes indisputable data provenance (lineage) and relationships, and the ability to visually “connect-the-dots” backward and forward along the data value chain.
The DataDNA information integrity platform gives business stakeholders the power to certify data and perform sophisticated cross-application analysis of information integrity to isolate errors and reduce the risks associated with unreliable data. With DataDNA, businesses can proactively manage information integrity to prevent risk. For example, they can
- protect revenue by ensuring payments processing integrity,
- efficiently fulfill audit and regulatory compliance mandates,
- complete fast information forensics to thwart potential fraud,
- guide data quality and governance activities, and overall,
- view the current-state of data integrity across monitored applications.
Data whose integrity can be certified is data that can be audited (traced), validated (rules), monitored (alerts, alarms, actions-real time) and shown at all times (100%) to meet a variety of certification tests like domain integrity, completeness, latency, compliance, data quality and lineage.
DataDNA is a horizontally scalable, standards-based platform that offers convenient and flexible deployment and licensing options (e.g., on-premise, cloud, SaaS, appliance) to fit into any modern enterprise environment.
At a high level, DataDNA core functionality includes monitoring, intelligence, and repository components:
- Listener and agent APIs – enables automatic monitoring and recording of granular information integrity events, relationships and context
- DataDNA integrity visualization –uses patented techniques and other innovations to “diginomize” information and expose complete provenance details for a datum, from its origin until its retirement
- Forensic viewer – leverages “diginomization” to highlight issues and anomalies across the monitored environment; provides fault isolation and traceability (to the datum level) as well as aggregate views
- Rules engine – holds data validation rules (aka “business rules”) used to verify information integrity
- Repository – records the Diginome objects that relate to each and every data event and thereby creates a living history of information integrity for the monitored environment
How DataDNA Works
DataDNA monitors data and events in the enterprise architecture tiers (presentation, data abstraction, application/transaction) using agents and forwarders connected to enterprise data services (web, EAI, ETL, etc). Each data event, and its context, is maintained in the DataDNA Repository and validated against business rules both predefined and discovered (during diginomization). Stakeholders are notified about exceptions so they may visualize the offending data event and its context using DataDNA’s Forensic Viewer to trace lineage (upstream) and progeny (downstream), as needed.
For more information about DataDNA, please contact Diginome